Understanding yourself and others better – for respectful, productive, and positive leadership Seminar: Understanding yourself and others better
Leadership means more than just mastering a set of management skills. Leaders have to create a persuasive vision, achieve results, and maximize their team’s effectiveness through shared goals and values. This seminar will help you develop your leadership behavior on a sustainable basis and manage yourself and your teams better.
Supporting employees as they further develop their cooperation and leadership skills is crucial to any company’s success and to the success of the team, so it also has a direct impact on your success in a leadership role. In this seminar, you will develop a profound approach for shaping your own development and that of your team. The result is respectful, productive, and positive leadership.
The seminar will use the Insights Discovery method. You will fill out an online survey beforehand and receive your detailed personal Insights Discovery profile. This psychometric tool will be your working material within the seminar, helping you to advance your understanding of yourself and others.
Areas of focus
- Understand yourself and others better for respectful, productive, and positive leadership.
- Recognize your own communication preferences and those of others.
- Improve your working relationship with colleagues, employees, supervisors, partners, and customers.
- Learn the Insights Discovery methodology as a frame of reference to help you cope with challenges and conflict.
- Turn superficial relationships into cooperative partnerships.
- Boost the effectiveness of your own leadership behavior.
- Identify patterns in your leadership behavior and develop useful alternatives.
- Sharpen awareness of your own skills and those of others.
- Improve communication as part of leadership.
- Know, understand, and use leadership styles and preferences.
- Tools and methods of resolving conflict.
- Managing people with different personality types.
- Optimum results through better understanding within the team.
- Fostering cooperation and cohesion within the team.
- You achieve a better understanding of yourself and others.
- You have more understanding of your own communication preferences and those of your employees, partners, supervisors, and customers.
- You can connect better with team members and colleagues to improve the working relationship.
- You recognize patterns in your work with others that help you to overcome challenges and conflict.
- You learn how to improve your own effectiveness by knowing your leadership preferences and harnessing them to meet your goals.
- You learn to identify and better leverage your strengths and those of your employees and colleagues.
- You recognize how you can manage colleagues, employees, and teams more effectively.
- You gain insight into how to foster cohesion effectively in virtual teams and manage them better.
- You learn to assess the causes of conflicts between people, within the team, and between different areas or units at your company.
- You use examples drawn from real-world practice to map out how you can enhance your effectiveness as a leader.
- You expand on your ability to handle tough leadership situations arising with employees and customers.
- You recognize your own leadership preferences and understand how they affect others.
- You work with your personal Insights Discovery preference profile, which you can use to better understand yourself and others.
- You recognize how your own style and behavior affect others. This helps you achieve better communication and more effective cooperation.
- You learn how to build and foster robust relationships within the team.
- You learn how to lead your team to better cooperation and boost team performance.
This seminar is aimed at entrepreneurs, members of the executive management, HR managers, and executives across all areas: department heads, division managers, team leaders, project managers, and high potentials.
The working method
This seminar is held in the form of keynote talks on the areas of focus. Extensive dialogue on past experience between participants and discussion of the specific situation in their own companies is a key element of the seminar.
Dr. Isabel Arnold uses the Insights Discovery methodology, which builds on the work of psychologist Carl G. Jung, for this seminar. This psychometric tool will help you to understand yourself and others better and ensure through your leadership that working relationships in the workplace are respectful, productive, and positive.
The Insights Discovery methodology uses a simple and easily internalized four-color model. It will help you understand your style, your strengths, and the value you bring to your team. We use Insights Discovery to color-code certain categories of energy. Each person’s profile is an individual mixture of bright red, sunny yellow, earthy green, and icy blue energies, communicating how people behave. This understanding unlocks ways to lead and work together respectfully, productively, and positively.
Worldwide, nearly 6 million personal preference profiles have been created to date. This method is viewed as one of the most proven tools in modern personnel development. Insights Discovery users know that this method really works when it comes to promoting greater self-insight.
Building on the basic Insights Discovery model, you will work together as part of a team to consider your personal leadership style and explore your unique value. Through moderated discussions, exercises, and work in small groups, you and the team will learn how individual leadership preferences affect how teams work together and perform. Together, you will define concrete plans of action for how to improve your personal effectiveness as a leader and how to make your leadership within a team successful in the long term.
Each participant will receive their own personal Insights Discovery profile in the seminar.